Hair Care Tips
HAIR CARE TIPS
•If your hair starts to get dry, slight tangle, look dull or even have a light shed, this means there is a buildup of product and/or your hair is very dry needing moisture and a deep condition. Condition your hair at least once a week. The more you do this, the more soft, healthy and manageable your hair will become. Avoid using shampoo too often especially if your hair is dry unless it is necessary. Shampoo has a tendency to be drying-especially with curlier textures.
If you wear your hair straight, wavy, or curly
• In addition to continuous moisture, a quality styling serum should be a staple used to calm your hair, prevent frizz, seal in your hairs moisture, and add shine.
• When applying heat to your hair, always use a quality heat protectant. As with your own hair, your extensions will become damaged by excessive heat. If your hair becomes heat damaged, it will lose its natural curl/wave pattern, and/or have many damaged dry or brittle ends. Heat damage cannot be reversed. Coarser textures are more prone to heat damage and dryness.
To wash and condition your hair.
• Design Essentials Moisturizing Shampoos and Conditioner
• Crème of Nature Sulfate Free Argon Oil Conditioner
• Organix Moisturizing Shampoos, Conditioners, and Masks-Macadamia Oil, Coconut Milk, Tea Tree Oil (for finer textured hair)
• Macadamia Natural Brand Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
• Organic Root Stimulator Revitalizing Conditioner (for extra dry or damaged hair)
• Paul Mitchell The Detangler Conditioner (for extra dry or tangled hair)
• Suave Professionals Sleek Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner
• One 'N' Only Restorative Mask (for extra dry hair)
For closures and frontals you must take special care. The lace is very delicate, when plucked this can cause shedding due to knots getting untied.
If your hair has product buildup, wash your hair with a clarifying or sulfate free shampoo and recondition your hair as normal. Virgin hair, especially curly hair, is very high maintenance. If you are not willing to maintain your hairs moisture and cleanliness or taking the time to find a good regimen you may want to consider another texture.
Curly hair is definitely for advanced-intermediate virgin hair extension wearers and must be care for with caution.